SEC baseball schedule for Saturday, May 7
The 2022 SEC baseball season is in its final month, and we might get a “first” on Saturday. No. 1 Tennessee is in danger of dropping its first conference series of the season.
Tony Vitello’s Volunteers (41-5 overall) are in Lexington to take on Kentucky. UT entered the series with a 19-2 mark in SEC play, the best record in the conference, while UK had one of the worst conference records, 7-14.
The Wildcats took Thursday’s series opener 3-2 in 13 innings. Game 2 of the series was unable to be completed Friday. Mother Nature delayed Friday night’s start and later caused play to be suspended in the top of the 8th inning. Game 2 will resume Saturday at 2 p.m. ET, streaming on SEC Network+, with Kentucky leading 4-2. The series finale is currently scheduled for 3 p.m. ET.
The other 6 SEC series are entering Game 2 on Saturday. Here are the scores from Friday’s series openers:
- No. 4 Arkansas def. No. 19 Auburn, 11-8
- No. 13 Texas A&M def. South Carolina, 16-4
- No. 20 LSU def. Alabama, 6-5
- Vanderbilt def. No. 22 Georgia, 11-9
- Ole Miss def. Missouri, 7-5
- Florida def. Mississippi State, 8-6
Tennessee still has a comfortable lead in the SEC East at 19-2. Georgia is in second place in the division at 12-10. In the SEC West, Arkansas is on top at 15-7. Auburn fell out of the 3-way tie for second with its Friday night loss, dropping its conference record to 12-10. LSU and Texas A&M are tied for second with records of 13-9.
Here’s the schedule for Saturday:
All times ET
- No. 1 Tennessee at Kentucky, Game 2 (4-2 UK T8), 2 p.m., SEC Network+
- Vanderbilt at No. 22 Georgia, 2 p.m., SEC Network +
- South Carolina at No. 13 Texas A&M, 3 p.m., SEC Network +
- No. 1 Tennessee at Kentucky, Game 3, 3 p.m., SEC Network +
- No. 4 Arkansas at No. 19 Auburn, 5:30 p.m., SEC Network
- Missouri at Ole Miss, 7 p.m., SEC Network +
- Florida at Mississippi State, 7:30 p.m., ESPNU
- No. 20 LSU at Alabama, 8:30 p.m., SEC Network